Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Times!

It was great to be back visiting family and friends in California.  Tori and I flew back October 6th through October 11th.  It was a short trip back, but a trip full of blessings.  The main reason returning to California was that Tori was in Alyssa Boyd's wedding.  So being back we were also able to visit with many people who we love dearly. 

It was good to be "home".  I know that one day Colorado will be home for me, but at this present moment "home" is still in California.  I guess because my roots are there, my family, and my dear church friends.  Once I find some of those longings here, then home will begin to take on a new destination.  I will never completely replace my admiration, love, and the ways in which individuals have touched my life, but I am looking forward to feeling complete and content in my new journey. 

So to be back home was refreshing.  We were picked up from LAX by my very dear best friend, Dawn, and Mason presented Tori with a bundle of pink roses.  Their faces when they saw each other were priceless.  I know they are only 5, but growing up together and seeing each other daily has bonded them and created a deep friendship.  They both exchanged pictures that they had colored and had a blast chatting and laughing in the back seats of the car.  It was wonderful to receive a "real" hug from Dawn.  We've talked daily for the last two month, but being able to sit and talk face to face was a blessing. 

I didn't realize how much I had missed my brothers and their families until I was with them.  Living in California, we didn't communicate with each other all the time, but knowing that they were just around the corner and there for us at any moment was the best feeling.  Many families don't have the unbelievable privilege to be living close to their siblings and I have been blessed to be able to spend that much time with my brothers over the last 34 years.  So, my time during our California visit with precious to me, and I know Tori would agree too.  My eyes tear up thinking about how much I miss them already. 

Our first stop was having lunch with Ali.  It was so nice to catch up and chat with her.  On our way back, we met up with Travis and it was great to see him too.  They were leaving for Pennsylvania the next day, so I hope that they had a great little vacation.  The amazing thing with me and my brothers is time can pass, but when we are together it is as if we haven't been apart.  I love them for that!

So Jason, Dana, Camryn and Wyatt were our next family visit.  It was wonderful to spend some time with them.  Tori, Camryn and Wyatt had so much fun playing together.  I think the dress up was Tori's favorite part and singing Hanna Montana with Camryn made her day. God is so good and seeing the ways He continually blesses them, brings peace to my heart.  Just sitting on the couch with Jason and Dana and sharing the new happening within each of our families helped me to feel so much more connected to them. 

Oh, P.S. Camryn... we told James and Jackson your message and they also love and miss you and Wyatt lots.  They cant wait to have the sleepover with all their cousins! :)  shh...we will tell Grandma later!  

Having such a close relationship with my brothers is one of my favorite things.  I don't know what I would do without them being such an important part of my life.  They have been my cheerleader, comforter, defender, and great examples throughout my many adventures.  I can pretty much say the same feelings came across my heart as we spent time visiting with Rob, Devon, Riley and Peighton.  What an amazing time we shared together.  Again, to be able to share with one another about life and see so many blessings is a true joy.  Holding Peighton was heavenly and seeing Riley and Tori smile, giggly, and playing brought smiles to me too.  Being able to have dinner with them was a treat and rekindled those feelings of the "Mikels Family" dinners.  Its the little things that bring so much joy. 

So to Travis and Ali, Jason, Dana, Camryn and Wyatt, and Rob, Devon, Riley and Peighton thank you for being you!  We love you all very much and loved our visits with each of you. 
 To my brothers, your the best any sister could ever want or have! 
Looking forward to Christmas with all of you!     

1 comment:

  1. we had a wonderful time with you too!! miss you much. think of you always!

    ReplyDelete