Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Times continues...

I can't tell you enough about the amazing visits we shared with our friends.  Tori wanted to visit her preschool, teachers, and friends, so we surprised the Village Infant/Toddler Center and Preschool with her arrival.  Tori was excited to give hugs to her many teachers that meant so much to her over the last 4 1/2 years of her developing into who she is.  The big smiles on her face appeared as she saw her friends.  But one friend in particular was Tori's target.  Little Alyssa (as Tori calls her) was a very special friend and as they found each other, big hugs were exchanged, along with jumping up and down and Alyssa saying, "Its Tori, Its you!"

Oh, how my heart ached and was touched at the same time. 

The experiences of The Village Infant/Toddler Center and Preschool will always be a special place in Tori's heart and also mine as well. 

Another very special friend to Tori is Mason.  Its amazing in seeing a friendship begin and watching it blossom over only a couple of years.  I can't imagine what's to come with their friendship over many years, but they are two peas in a pod.  They had so much fun talking, laughing, hugging, a kiss (on the check) here and there, playing, and being together.  The words that come out of those two at times are the funniest and yet can also be the most compassionate.  Mason, you are by far the most charming little boy to Tori and I know Tori would agree too.

Having a wedding on a weekend means for us the opportunity to visit our church, Village Church!  Tori had a wonderful time seeing her friends and teachers.  Being able to catch up on Village life and be surrounded by lots of people who love and care for her was exactly what she needed.  I can't express the amount of gratitude for a few individuals who invested time into Tori while we were there.  Another blessing was the love shown to Tori from Lorena and Connie.  You two brightened Tori's trip and what a special treat she received.  Thank you doesn't come close, but Thank you so much! 

The Village Church body is absolute, hands-down incredible.  I can't tell you how loved I felt by so many.  It was great to be back "home" and see everyone.  My heart is overflowing with happiness to those of you that I spent some time with.  I know I missed many of you on this trip, but you are missed and I look forward to seeing you all during this Christmas season.  God is very much alive at Village and I am very blessed to feel a part of it.  I have to say though, the best part of being at church was seeing all the kids.  CSI, I love all of you and you guys looked AWESOME!  It was so nice to spend Sunday school with you and chat about whats happening in your lives.  There is not a day that goes by where I am not thinking about you all.

There are some amazing individuals who I miss greatly and have influenced my life as being a mom and that is the Village MOPs group.  What a crazy Friday night we had!  Thank you so much for those of you who could stop over.  It was wonderful to see you and catch up on where you are in your journeys.  Lisa, thank you for the yummy treats and hospitality.  You are always amazing with that.
So, are you wondering what is the craziness?  Well, during our time together, I became sick. 
So embarrassing, but these ladies came to my rescue.  I owe a big thanks to Lisa, Mary, and Dawn for being there with me.  But, all in all, I am so thankful that I was able to spend some time with them. 

Everyone has at least one best friend. An individual who is there for you always, through the good and the bad, someone to laugh with and cry with, a friend who keeps you accountable, and one who you probably talk with daily.  I cant imagine not having one, therefore, I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend some time with Dawn.  Even though we talk daily, to talk face to face was refreshing.  Thanks for being a part of our weekend and planting yourself within us in all that do.  I love ya bestie!

Its these amazing trips that are helping me get through the beginnings of a new journey.  Its the connections of individuals who encourage, cheerlead, and pray for me that allows me to build the new foundations of my "new Colorado tower." A tower that will illistrate a new building, a new adventure, a new life.

I am so blessed to have you all in my life!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment