Friday, October 1, 2010

Fulfilled...Jubilant!

Has there ever been a time when you have felt fulfilled?  What does it feel like?  Think about it? 

For me, it began Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at about 9:30pm.  When I use the word fulfilled I am describing the feeling of one being satisfied.  Satisfaction illuminates when a long-felt need is captured.  Have you had a long-felt need filled?  Then you know the feeling.  The peace, assurance, joy, excitement that encompasses your soul.  The feeling that "all is well."

How about jubilant?  A feeling or expression of great joy; of rejoicing!  It means "to shout for joy."  Have you ever "shouted for joy." 

That Tuesday evening my three children "shouted for joy" as there Grandpa and Grandma pulled into our driveway.  Their shout of joy echoed throughout the cool dark night.  The bright moon light captured their shadows of little bodies jumping up and down on the pavement.  They were jubilant!  Throughout the morning, afternoon and evening James, Tori and Jackson continually asked "When are they coming?" "Why aren't they here yet?'' "I cant wait to see them."  Their anticipation was desiring a long-felt need that they needed fulfilled...and it was.  I still (3 days later) hear the yell from Tori's voice as she announced "They are here!"  The pounding of footsteps from James and Jackson as they ran down the stairs in what began their fulfillment.  And mine too...

I never anticipated how "homesick" or "heartbroken" I might have become with a move.  I knew I was moving 1000 miles away, but there are many things that now days continue to connect people together.  I have many gadgets that I can use to connect with family and friends, but my long-felt need is relational.  The realization of "face to face" interaction.  My most favorite times are "couch times," sitting with those I love and cherish and just spending quality time talking.  For me, its in those moments where I feel fulfilled and jubilant! This is my "homesick."

These past three days have been heavenly.  To see my kids reunite with my parents gave me a heart of gold.  They had missed them incredibly.  For the last 5 years, James, Tori and Jackson visited with my parents daily.  There were only a few occasions when they didnt see them, but Grandpa and Grandma have played a huge part in their lives.  So to see them together was enchanting. 

If you are a "daddy's girl"  then you know the feeling of being huged by your dad.  I am proud to say I am and will always be my "daddy's girl" and I have missed those huges.  I was fulfilled. 

We have had so much fun being together.  It really hasn't mattered what we have done, just being together has united us.  However, we did plan some things.  Nick arranged for him and dad to play golf at Red Hawk and then join Nick's Uncle at Castle Pines Golf Club Wednesday and Thursday.  It was a nice bonding time and I am glad Dad got to see alittle more of Castle Rock.  So while the men were out playing, mom, I and the kids (whoever wasn't in school) played too. During the evenings, we would sit around the kitchen table, or on the couch and just talk.  Anyone who knows mom and I, knows we can talk forever. 
Again, I was fulfilled. 

It is twenty minutes after seven this Friday morning and my parents have been on the road for about two hours.  I miss them already, but I am so excited for them to see their parents and loved ones.  I look forward to see them in a couple of weeks. 
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth;
Break forth and sing for joy and sing praises
Psalm 98:4

Celebrate God.
Sing together—everyone!
All you honest hearts, raise the roof!
Psalm 32:11 (Message)
 
These verses express "my shouts of joy."  I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed our family with amazing sets of parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts.  I know that the Davenport family is in Colorado for a special purpose that the Lord desires.  We are learning to be His vessel daily and will walk faithfully with Him.  I am also so blessed and thankfully to have been with my parents these last couple days and look forward to a couple more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment