Sunday, September 5, 2010

Slide Attack

I cant believe it has taken almost 2 weeks for Tori's bruises to finally heal.  One morning after dropping James off to school, the kids and I headed to one of the many parks in Castle Rock.  We were there no longer than 10 minutes when we were back in the car heading to Urgent Care.  Tori had begun to slide down one of the slides when the rubber on her shoes caught and threw her face first down the slide.  It was the worst sight.  As I approached her, I wasn't sure what I would find.  She was screaming and blood was exiting from somewhere.  At first I just held her tight and then I began to examine.  She was already bruising on her face, ear and shoulder.  My heart ached.  Behind her ear where the blood was coming from was a small tear. As I flew to the Urgent Care, I giggled a little thinking how we have only been here for about two weeks and the Davenport files have begun.  And then I was immediately concerned when they thought her shoulder was broken.  X-rays showed she was just extremely bruised.  Its been a few weeks and she still complains about her ear.  Doctors say that it could take up to a month for her to be fully recovered.  To this day, Tori will not slide down that slide, but I don't blame her.  So, I have learned to remind Jackson that the bottom of his rubber soles are not to touch the slide as he is going down.  Now, when we go to the park where Tori had her fall, Jackson usually says, "Tori's fall, no Jackson fall."   

No comments:

Post a Comment