Monday, September 6, 2010

My Night Job

 About a week and a half ago, Nick and I decided that I would look for a job.  This job needed to be at nights, flexible, seasonal, something fun, and a place where I can communicate and connect with others.  There are a few extra things that we would like for the house and this extra money will allow us to get them without taping into our savings.  Plus, it will give me some play money throughout the month.  Being involved in Harvest and a part of the Children's Ministry Department, I didn't want a full time job.  My passion is ministry and working with children/parents so I am just waiting to see at what capacity the Lord desires for me. 
Last night was my first night at Target in Castle Rock.  I wanted a job that I could still enjoy being at home during the day, do homework with the kids, and have dinner ready.  The only bummer is the nights that I work I will not be home to put the kids in bed, but those will be daddy nights. :)
I was hired as a sales floor team member which helps customers, makes the store look good, and runs the cashier.  Surprisingly, Target has a great vision and mission statement and working under a team atmosphere is a plus.  Everyone I met was very nice, welcoming and was fun to be around.  Its fast pace so the time goes by quickly. Currently, I have two weeks of training with a 90 day probation period.  After that, I can continue where I am or I can promote to a higher position if available.  It should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Imagine the discounts you're going to "have" to take advantage of?! Fun times during the Christmas season for the Davenport Family!

    ReplyDelete