Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Launch...11-7-2010

Sunday, November 7, 2010 the doors of Harvest Bible Chapel Denver opened and close to 300 adults and children made their way to Worship and hear Pastor Jeff preach the Living Word to them.  With a launch team of about 130 people we had a very successful beginning.  God was given all the Glory! 

Having been raised up in the church and engulfed within it, it was exciting to see the transformation of a talk about a church plant, to having ownership in being a part of one forming, to then having a name, a building, and now a sense of belonging as a family to a body of believers.  Wow!  

My role within this last month was to run/facilitate the "BedRock" room.  This room housed all children from Kindergarten to 5th grade.  It was a happening room filled with a community of soon to be friends.  As you can imagine, I was beyond excited to be doing what I love to do.  It felt right and I held onto every moment that I had with the children in the room and the adults that I helped guide.  
Being apart of the launch team since August has helped James, Tori and Jackson become familiar with many of the kids that they interacted and participated with.  As well as, helped Nick and I to connect with many of the adults and have begun to build some relationships with.
  
I have to admit though, it is hard to just "volunteer," but I am pretty proud of myself to swallow my pride and surrender to be and do what the Lord has for me.  It is amazing how He does use me and within these past few months, I would have never guessed it would be what it has been.  More to come about that!  

Nick's role at Harvest is being on the set-up/tear-down team and being an usher and greeter.  Ocassionally, he helps out in the Children's area when needed.  God has stretched him too and he is enjoying the tasks he has been given.  He has also bonded with a good portion of the men on the launch team and it is exciting to see how those relationships will build.   

The month of December, I will be helping as a Children's Ministry greeter and will be apart of the check-in system for the C.M department.  I'm looking forward to getting into church and experiencing it with Nick this month.  

Serving the Lord wholeheartedly...


No comments:

Post a Comment